Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas

 
This past weekend after celebrating all of the people and things that we are so thankful for
(and also stuffing ourselves with delicious turkey and trimmings)
 we decided it was time to prepare for Christmas.

So... we crawled
(and by we, I mean my husband)
into the dark, cold hole of the unknown, called the crawl space,
to drag the christmas tree and all of the other holiday decorations out.
 
The kids were all bouncing around as the christmas tree went up
and before all of the false branches of our stiff family tree were even ready to be decorated,
they began to hang bulbs on the limbs and tangle themselves in lights.


The excitement grew and the sound of laughter was as equally loud as the
christmas music that was blaring.

I watched as the kids were skipping around to the music, grabbing bulbs, and giggling as they were being lifted high on daddy's back to decorate the top of the tree.


 I can't explain the joy that I felt as I watched them have such a wonderful time
and I knew I had to grab the camera to capture these
precious memories!


 
 As much fun as we have every year decorating the tree, hanging the stockings
and wrapping gifts,
I want to make sure that my children know that
christmas is all about Jesus!

We can have a ton of fun...


Hang tons of bulbs...



Top the tree with a star...


and receive lots and lots of gifts...



but when we look at our tree...


The lights remind us that Jesus came to be the light of our world!

The star is a reminder that the wise men were led
by a shining star to worship
him!

The gold bulbs will remind us that although he was born in a humble stable,
they brought him gifts that were fit for a king!

The red bulbs will remind us of the precious blood that he shed for us!

And the green tree reminds us that he came to give us life!


Merry Christmas Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment