Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It Feels Like We're Worlds Apart

 
This morning I got up like every other morning
and started about my daily routine.
 
As the little Neville's and I
gathered in the kitchen for breakfast,
I said "who's going to pray over our food?"
 
 
Aubrey spoke up
"Don't forget to pray for Yelson!"
 
Yelson Lopez is a 4 year old little boy
who is just like any other 4 year old little boy...
only
he lives in Nicaragua.
 
Nicaragua is the second poorest country in Latin America after Haiti.
 
 
Scott and I explained to our children
that there are lots of little children who live in homes
that are much different than ours,
eat a lot less than we do and don't get as many toys,
if any at all.
 
This morning we held the picture of just
one of the precious little children who live in these conditions every day,
Yelson Antonio Martinez Lopez...
and we prayed.
 
Caitlyn began our prayer "Lord help Yelson, be with him and help him and his family..."
McKenna was next... "Lord supply Yelson's needs and his family's needs..."
Aubrey chimed in "Lord touch Yelson's world and his family"
 
Touch Yelson's world!
 
Yes Lord, touch this little boy's world!
 
 
Aubrey took one glance
at the pictures of Nicaragua and looked up at me
"Mommy, is that Yelson's world?"
 
With tears in my eyes and pain in my heart
I told her
 
"Yes, this is his world."
 
This "world" that he lives in is so much different
than ours...
 
Every day we awake to a warm cozy home, food on our table
clean clothes
and our needs are met,
 even some of our wants are given
and for that I am very thankful.

It is with humility & gratefulness that we desire to
share our blessing's with precious souls
like Yelson!
 
 
Proverbs 22:9 
He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed;
for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
 
I can tell you that when my children receive
brand new toys for Christmas,
they don't have near as much fun
playing with them alone
than when they play all together.
 
Blessings aren't meant to be held with a hand of greed
but to open our hearts
and our hands, to reach out to those
less fortunate
and share what has been given to us!
 
 
 
Mark 10:21
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment