Thursday, September 27, 2012

People Are Like Pumpkins

 
Last fall my family and I made our way to pumpkin patch!
We had a blast as we always do when we go. It's one of our favorite things to do together.
When we arrived the kids immediately went running into the land full of pumpkins to find the "perfect pumpkin."
They all went a different direction in hopes of finding the "best" pumpkin in the field.
They were full of excitment and before I knew it one by one they came trailing up to me with their selection. 
 
 
Aubrey found a nice big oval one!
 
 
Caitlyn found a nice round one!
 
 
Caleb found one as heavy as he could carry!
 
 
and last but not least, Mckenna found a little baby pumpkin!
 
All the pumpkins were so different but yet they were all pumpkins!
Each one of my children chose a different "type" of pumpkin, the one that appealed most to them.
 
 
I thought about how the pumpkins are alot like us!
God has created each of us different in one way or another but yet we are all people, we are a family.
One of us may be great at singing or playing an instrument, another may be an awesome poet or an artist.
One may have great orginization skills and the other may be extra creative.
 
Each of my children were very proud of their very different pumpkins and in their minds they knew exactly the use they had for it!

That's exactly how God looks at each of us!
He creates us according to the purpose he has for us in this life. He knows exactly the use he has for each of us.
 
Sometimes we are unsure of what our "purpose" is but God never is.

I remember thinking at one point in my life, what could I possibly do in this big ol world to make a difference for God.
I remember praying these words "God, please use me in any way that you can. I don't know what I'm suppose to do in this life but I'm willing to do it, if you can just show me what it is."
 
I would like to tell you that immediately I knew but that's not the case. Actually very soon after I prayed that prayer, my life seemed to have gotten a little rocky. At that time I didn't understand it but as
I look back now, I realize that God had to remove some of the "yuckiness" inside of me in order to use me for his glory.
 
 
He was scraping all of the "junk" out, alot like getting all the "stuff" out of the pumpkins!
I won't say it was an "easy" process, it was far from it!
But I will say that I am grateful for the work he has done in my life!
 
He can do it for you too!
 
Once he removed all the "junk," I was clean on the inside and ready to learn through his word and seek him in prayer.
I made time for him daily and before long, I could feel the change taking place inside of me.
After all, that is where the love of God shines, from the inside out!
Kinda like the pumpkin....
 
 
Happy Fall Everyone!
 
 Keep On Shining For Jesus!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment